Welcome to Depression Recovery

Welcome to the Depression Recovery blog! If you suffer with depression or love someone who does, you have come to the right place for encouragement and practical help. I am not a health professional, but I know the darkness of major depression and the crippling effects of anxiety and OCD that often accompany it. Living with depression, I masked my way through daily life, waking each morning feeling as though someone had died and then realizing....it was me. Perhaps you agree that a fitting definition of major depression is death without the benefit of being unconscious. If that sounds a little dramatic, then that's good. If it sounds painfully accurate, then you've come to the right place, because I also know what recovery is! Take heart, friend. I invite you to read my blog from the beginning post and onward as I have logged my progress (and lack of it sometimes), and have not only spotted the light at the end of the tunnel, but have emerged into its presence!

I invite you to email me at
simmonsmg@wildblue.net if you have questions or comments as you read.

Starting Your Journey

Begin your journey to depression recovery by starting from the first post. ~ To read it, click here.

You may also click here to read all the posts for 2009, then continue in reading the archives for 2010. Please remember to start with the last post and work your way backwards to the most current post. Thank you!


*

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Still Recovered!

Well, it's been two months since I've written here, but I'm busy with two jobs and I am now enrolled in the Nedley Depression Recovery training program. That's right! I'm going to become a director so that I can hold seminars and help other people recover as I have!

I'm so grateful to God for directing me to real and lasting recovery that I feel I would be a fraud of a human being if I didn't help others find the same healing. So, I have three more sessions and then I'll be certified.

If you haven't yet checked it out, don't delay in going to www.drnedley.com to order the DVD and workbook set for yourself. It's worth the cost! If you are not ready to take that route, at least read through my posts from the very beginning and you'll pick up some highlights from the course and from my own journey to recovery.

For now....breathe deeply, eat your omega-3 (see my earlier posts for sources), get in the sunshine (the earlier in the morning the better), and exercise! Did you say you didn't want to exercise? Umm...I think I heard you say you don't want to exercise. Hmmmm.... that's up to you. But do you want to keep feeling like you do now? :-) Exercise truly does lift your mood. Just one factor in recovery, but an important one.

Happy healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment