Welcome to Depression Recovery

Welcome to the Depression Recovery blog! If you suffer with depression or love someone who does, you have come to the right place for encouragement and practical help. I am not a health professional, but I know the darkness of major depression and the crippling effects of anxiety and OCD that often accompany it. Living with depression, I masked my way through daily life, waking each morning feeling as though someone had died and then realizing....it was me. Perhaps you agree that a fitting definition of major depression is death without the benefit of being unconscious. If that sounds a little dramatic, then that's good. If it sounds painfully accurate, then you've come to the right place, because I also know what recovery is! Take heart, friend. I invite you to read my blog from the beginning post and onward as I have logged my progress (and lack of it sometimes), and have not only spotted the light at the end of the tunnel, but have emerged into its presence!

I invite you to email me at
simmonsmg@wildblue.net if you have questions or comments as you read.

Starting Your Journey

Begin your journey to depression recovery by starting from the first post. ~ To read it, click here.

You may also click here to read all the posts for 2009, then continue in reading the archives for 2010. Please remember to start with the last post and work your way backwards to the most current post. Thank you!


*

Monday, July 27, 2009

What a Day!

I'm just reporting in to say that I had the most wonderful day! I felt actual lightness inside myself. I had a great early morning walk, prayer, classical music while I worked through my computer stuff, and then a great talk on the phone with a friend whose insight into some things I've been feeling was very helpful. Then I worked in my garden, snapped beans and canned them all afternoon while listening to some James Herriot animal stories on tape. I'm still canning tonight at about 9:00, but I still have energy (very unusual!!). There is an actual "lightness" to my head that is not only mental, but feels almost physical. Hard to explain, but quite welcome. I think this is a combination of many things that are working together for healing. Oh, and I've seen no entertainment TV for weeks. I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow, but for right now, I am feeling like the real me. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. I"m glad that you had a great day. I do see that pray is helping out a lot along with keeping busy. I'm going to tell the people who read my blog to come here and see how you made it through.

    ReplyDelete